Monday 23 January 2012

The Big Picture

The Big Picture by lucas78 (Kung Hei Fat Choi!!!)
The Big Picture, a photo by lucas78 (Kung Hei Fat Choi!!!) on Flickr.

Today, I went to Binondo where the Philippine version of the 'China town' is located. I went there to take photos and witness the Chinese new year for the first time. People were everywhere eating, dancing, and snapping. The atmosphere was festive...and It was a lot of fun!

On the sidelines, however, are poor street children...I thought to my self how could I have fun while these children suffer. My heart sank and went home. Often times, I am guilty of cropping insignificant things out of my photos only to make images pleasing to the eye. Sometimes I neglect the real story....the big picture. I will make an effort to change this new year.

The image above is a crop of "The Big Picture" on the comment area. The poor boy peacefully rests ignoring the chaos around.

Kung Hei Fat Choi everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment